Anti-cellulite coffee scrub
Topical caffeine has been shown to reduce the appearance of cellulite. If you suffer from cellulite or simple want to prevent it, make your own scrub, instead of spending money on creams and treatments (that don’t always work). The coffee scrub is very easy to make, it’s effective and quite inexpensive!
- Sugar or sea salt
- Rosemary essential oil
- Olive oil
You will need coffee grounds, freshly ground coffee beans or instant coffee. Coffee reduces the appearance of cellulite, rosemary is well known for its cell regenerating properties, both sugar and sea salt are great exfoliants, and olive oil is an excellent moisturiser.
- Mix 12 drops of rosemary essential oil with 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Mix 1 part sugar or sea salt with 3 parts coffee.
- Blend the oil with the coffee and sugar/salt mixture to make a paste.
- Store in the refrigerator until use.
How to use:
- Vigorously rub your anti-cellulite scrub onto troubled areas; you can use gloves if you want to.
- After rubbing all cellulite-prone areas, rinse off the scrub.
- Use twice a week for best results.
This home-made scrub is very effective; the only downside is the smell (especially if like me, you don’t like coffee!). But nonetheless it's worth a try.
More anti-cellulite tips: Fighting cellulite!
Photo from here.