In my last post I wrote about the many benefits of using bath salts. It is also very easy to make your own bath salts. Here’s how…
- 3 cups Dead Sea salt, regular sea salt, Epsom salt or a blend of these salts.
- 15-24 drops of your selected essential oil or essential oil blend.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, olive oil or another carrier oil (moisturising)
- Food colouring
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 or 2 tablespoons finely ground oatmeal
- Rose petals
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix very well with a spoon or fork.
- To keep your salts from hardening, lay them out in a thin layer to completely dry before placing them in a container.
- Store in an air-tight jar. Salts that are kept in a container that is not air-tight will lose their aroma more quickly.
To use: Add ½ cup of the salts to running bath water. Mix well to ensure that the salt has dissolved well in the tub before entering.
Also, DIY bath salts in a decorative jar, with a small measuring spoon, make a great inexpensive gift.