Hello everyone! This past week I was on vacation and didn't have time to blog but now I’m back with more home remedies.
Most of us love wearing sandals, but we cringe at the idea of exposing dry heels. Read on to learn a few simple home remedies to cure dry and cracked heels…
- Before going to bed rub olive oil or sesame oil into your dry, cracked heels. After applying the oil wear a pair of socks. Leave the socks on overnight, as it helps the heels absorb all the moisture. This is one of the best remedy for cracked heels.
- Massage your feet with coconut oil every night. Rinse off in the morning.
- Make a mixture of lemon juice and papaya; apply it on the cracked heels. Wash off after 20 minutes.
- Do not throw away the ripe banana! Simply mash one ripe banana and apply it thoroughly on the dry and cracked heels. Leave the mash on for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off.
- Daily cleansing and moisturising is essential, for dry heels. At the end of the day soak your feet in lukewarm water (mix in some sodium bicarbonate or salt). Wash off with a pumice stone.
- After drying your feet, apply your favourite foot cream to moisturise. Wear a pair of socks immediately and keep the socks on overnight.
- Remember, the sugar scrub? This is the sweetest remedy for cracked heels. J
- Drink a lot of water to keep your skin and body hydrated.
Tips for preventing dry and cracked heels:
- Buy the right size of footwear as ill fitting shoes cause damage to the feet.
- Avoid walking barefoot even when you are at home.
- Moisturise your feet daily to keep them soft and supple.
- Clean your heels by rubbing them with pumice stone to get rid of the dead dull skin on regular basis or use a scrub.
These are just a few home remedies. Do you know of any other home remedy for dry, cracked heels? Leave a comment!