Today is the first day of SPRING and it's officially spring cleaning season!
Spring cleaning is the practice of thoroughly cleaning a house in the springtime. However, you don’t have to stop with cleaning your house; your skin care regimen needs some spring cleaning too.
1. Spring cleaning is a great opportunity to clean out old beauty products. Old products can harbour bacteria and lose their effectiveness.
Check the dates on your products and toss the following:
- Anything past the expiration date
- Products that have changed consistency, colour, or smell
- Mascara tubes older than three months
- Dry products
- Old make-up brushes and sponges
- Anything with an SPF older than one year
3. Adjust your skin care routine to reflect the season.
- Higher temperatures result in oilier skin. It’s important to use a lighter moisturiser during spring and summer.
- Use a lighter foundation and lighter, brighter make-up colours.
- Sunscreen is important all year, but it is essential in the spring and summer.
Happy first day of spring!