Here’s how to make your lipstick last, so you don't have to keep re-applying throughout the day. All you need to do is follow these few simple steps.
You will need:
- lip scrub
- lip balm
- nude lip liner
- your favourite lipstick
- translucent powder
- Lightly scrub your lips. You can use one of my recipes; DIY Simple scrub or DIY Yummy scrub or you could also use a damp toothbrush to get rid of dull, dry skin cells.
- Apply a moisturising lip balm on the lips to hydrate the skin. Allow the product to sink in for a few minutes before moving on to the next step.
- Blot with a tissue to remove any excess cream.
- Line and fill in the entire lip with a pencil to create a base for the lipstick to cling to. Choose a shade that’s close to your natural colour.
- Using a brush, blend a layer of lipstick into the lips. Apply your first coat, blot with a tissue, and apply again.
- Place a thin layer of tissue over the lips and apply loose or pressed translucent powder through the tissue to set the lipstick in place.
Tip: If you are in a hurry, you can skip steps 1-3. Just apply, blot, repeat and powder.
If you have more tips on how to make your lipstick last longer, leave a comment below.
Picture from here.