Check out this list of things you can do to maintain strong and healthy fingernails.
P.S. - If you want more detailed information, check out the related posts linked at the end of this post!
- Stop biting and picking your nails.
- When filing, always file in a single direction. Never saw back and forth!
- Make sure you’re using the right file; you don't want to use a grit that's too high for your nails.
- Use an acetone free nail polish remover, acetone will dry out your nails.
- Give your cuticles a much needed massage. Use cuticle oil or olive oil to massage your cuticles and nails after you have removed polish.
- Let your nails breath! Try to give your nails a break from nail polish, at least for 24hrs once a week. This will also help keep that dreaded yellow stain at bay.
- Buff once every couple of weeks.
- If your nails are extra brittle and prone to breakage keep them short and use a nail strengthener consistently!
- Wear rubber gloves when using household cleaners to provide a barrier of protection against harmful chemicals.
- Apply sunscreen before going under a UV light. You can never be too safe!
- Smooth away dryness with a moisturising hand cream.
- Always keep a nail file handy for emergencies.
- Never use your nails as a tool to peel or scratch anything off.
- And last but not least, maintaining a healthy, balanced diet will also result in stronger nails.
For more details check out the related posts below!
Photo from here.