Today I want to talk to you about the many uses of the DIY glycerin and rose water spray. I've been using this spray, before and after applying my make-up, as I told you in my DIY recipe. As soon as I started using it, I immediately noticed that my skin was incredibly smooth and my make-up looked flawless.
I've been using distilled rose water for quite some time but vegetable glycerin is a new addition to my skincare routine. Glycerin has many beauty uses for the skin and hair. It acts as a humectant, so it attracts water and helps the skin retain moisture. NOTE: Because of this, it can’t be applied undiluted onto the skin or hair, as it will draw the water out and actually cause dehydration. To give the hydrating effect we want, it needs to be diluted with water.
I mix . I used 2 tablespoons of glycerin mixed with 20 tablespoons of rose water to fill the blue bottle. You can adjust this ratio to whatever you feel comfortable with, but the less water you add, the sticker and thicker it will feel on your skin.
- This spray has currently replaced my toner. I use it every day; morning and night, even on days when I'm not wearing make-up. The glycerin and rose water mixture evens out the skin tone.
- This mixture can also be used as a moisturiser. Just spray on your face and then massage into your skin in a circular motion. Remember, if you are going out in the sun, you still need to use a product (moisturiser, BB cream, CC cream, foundation...) with at least SPF 15! During the Spring and Summer months the SPF needs to be even higher.
- If you have very dry skin you can use more glycerin, leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse it off. This way the glycerin loaded mixture will act as a hydrating mask!
- This mixture can also be used as a cleanser for dry skin. Just apply the spray and wipe your face with a cotton pad.
- Glycerin also helps to soften rough and dry patches. It repairs the dry skin and makes it smooth. Therefore, glycerin can be used on rough skin patches like elbows, knees, etc.
- Since glycerin softens the skin, this DIY spray is perfect to apply before using a blackhead extractor. This helps a lot when removing clogged impurities from the skin.
I really love the way my skin feels after I've applied it. It feels plump and smooth. I highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a mild and simple chemical free product.
If you have more skincare used for glycerin, leave them in the comment section below.